Effective Date: July 8, 2021
Xcelerate collects personally identifiable information from you, which may include your name, credit card information, e-mail address, physical address, telephone number, username, password and country of residence. This information is collected and stored electronically when you subscribe to XcelerateTV, post comments, use the Service’s contact us feature or otherwise provide it to us through the Service.
Information Collected Automatically
Cookies and Other Information Collection Tools
What are cookies? A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website or use an online service. When you visit the website or use the service again, the cookie allows that website or online service to recognize your browser or device. Cookies may store unique identifiers, user preferences and other information.
Duration of Cookies. We may use “session cookies” or “persistent cookies.” Session cookies are temporary and expire once you close your browser or once your session ends. Persistent cookies remain on your device for much longer or until you or your browser erase them. Persistent cookies have varying durations that are dependent on their expiration date.
How do I control cookies? Web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to manage and delete cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Some web browsers provide settings that allow a user to reject cookies or to alert a user when a cookie is placed on the user’s computer, tablet or mobile device. Most mobile devices also offer settings to reject mobile device identifiers. Although users are not required to accept cookies or mobile device identifiers, blocking or rejecting them may prevent access to some features available through the Service.
How Information is Used
We may use the information we collect for any of the following purposes:
- to provide the Service to you and to improve the Service;
- to operate and improve our services, and to give each user a more consistent experience when interacting with us;
- to provide customized and personalized viewing recommendations for videos we think will be of interest to you;
- to provide you with promotional offers;
- for customer service, security, to detect fraud or illegal activities, and for archival and backup purposes in connection with the provision of the Service;
- to fulfil your requests, such as those related to subscriptions and payment; and
- to communicate with you.
Sharing of Information
- With Third Party Vendors Performing Services on Our Behalf. We may share your personal information with our service providers to perform the functions for which we engage them. For example, we may use third parties to host the Service or assist us in providing functionality on the Service, provide data analyses for the Service or to send out email updates about the Service and information about our products and services.
- For Promotional Offers. We may offer joint promotions or programs that, for your participation, will require us to share your information with our partner organizations. In fulfilling these types of promotions, we may share your name and other information in connection with fulfilling the incentive. Please note that these partner organizations are responsible for their own privacy practices.
- For Legal Purposes. We also may share information that we collect from users as needed to enforce our rights, protect our property or protect the rights, property or safety of others, or as needed to support external auditing, compliance and corporate governance functions. We will disclose personal information as we deem necessary to respond to a subpoena, regulation, binding order of a data protection agency, legal process, governmental request or other legal or regulatory process. We may also share personal information as required to pursue available remedies or limit damages we may sustain.
- Changes of Control. We may transfer or assign information, including your personal information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization, liquidation, change in control or other sale by or of us or any affiliated entity (in each case whether in whole or in part).
We may use personally identifiable information to create and share aggregated information that does not identify any individual with third parties for any lawful business purpose.
- Account Information. You may update your account information or delete your account by going to your account settings.
- Email. If you no longer want to receive certain communications from us via email, click the “unsubscribe” link in the email. Please note that you cannot unsubscribe from service-related correspondence from us, such as messages relating to your account transactions.
Links to External Websites
Security Used & Retention of Personal Information
Xcelerate uses reasonable security measures designed to prevent unauthorized intrusion to the Service and the alteration, acquisition or misuse of personal information, however, the security of information transmitted over the internet cannot be guaranteed. We are not responsible for loss, corruption or unauthorized acquisition or misuse of personal information that you provide to or through the Service, or for any damages resulting from such loss, corruption or unauthorized acquisition or misuse. It is your responsibility to protect the security of your login information.
Your California Privacy Rights
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as California’s “Shine the Light” law, California residents with whom we have an established business relationship are entitled to request and receive, free of charge, once per calendar year, information about certain personal information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses in the previous calendar year. To request a copy, please contact us at the email provided in the “How to Contact Us” section, below. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the “Shine the Light” law requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
Do Not Track
The Service does not currently take any action when it receives a Do Not Track request. Do Not Track is a privacy preference that you can set in your web browser to indicate that you do not want certain information about your webpage visits collected across websites when you have not interacted with that service on the page. For details, including how to turn on Do Not Track, visit www.donottrack.us.
We do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from any person under the age of thirteen. No parts of the Service are directed to or designed to attract anyone under the age of thirteen.
Questions / Contact Us
Notification of Changes